If you work in the emergency medical service, then you know how important having comfortable, durable, dependable and professionally looking boots while you are on the job of saving human lives. We handpicked several pairs of shoes, which we consider the best EMS boots available at the moment.
Our in-depth EMS boots reviews
Bates EMS boots – Men’s Ultra Lites Side Zip Boot
These tough boots are an excellent pick for those of you who work in the emergency services. We chose them because of these features:
- The durable, ultra-light, oil and slip resistant rubber outsole which will keep you safe from slipping in any emergency situation
- The comfortable cushioned removable EVA footbed with shock absorbing qualities
- The fact that these shoes are very sturdy, and yet they are ultra-lightweight, so your legs and you will not get tired during the long EMS shifts
- The comfortable padded collar and easy to open and close Velcro straps and side zipper for quick slip on and off
- They look sharp and professional
Light and yet sturdy, these boots look professional and are cushioned and comfortable to wear on long shifts and for a lot of movement and walking. They are slip resistant, they offer great shock absorption, so your feet will not be as fatigued even after a long EMS shift.
5.11 Men’s A.T.A.C. 6″ Side Zip Tactical Boot
These tactical boots are also a top choice for paramedics or other emergency medical service personnel. We picked this pair because of these characteristics:
- They look professional and good
- Their outsole is oil and slip resistant, and quiet
- The upper is made of polishable full grain leather combined with textile – it is sturdy but breathable
- The lining is breathable and moisture wicking
- Great durability and superior performance like all ATAC tactical boots
- Quick side zipper
- The patented shock mitigation system for energy return and shock absorption
In conclusion, we must say that these are a pair of great boots to have if you are in the EMS. They are light, sturdy, very comfortable, and safe against slipping. They are quiet, easy to pull on and off and are breathable.
Danner WOMEN’s Acadia 8″ Boot
A great pair of boots from Danner which we picked for our top best EMS work boot list because they are good EMT shoes for women we were able to find. Just few of the things we like:
- The well-known stitch down Goodyear welt construction, typical for Danner, which allows for them to be rebuilt and reconditioned
- Durable Vibram outsole which is slip resistant in dry and wet conditions
- The GORE-TEX, breathable and waterproof lining
- The full grain leather and strong Denier Nylon upper
- The fiberglass shank
- They look professional and can be polished
The Arcadia boots combine durability, comfort, support as well as slip resistance and a professional vision. These features make them a great choice for paramedics.
Magnum Men’s Response III 8.0 Slip Resistant Emt boots with zipper
These work boots are another top pick for people who work in emergency medical services. Here is what we liked about them:
- The removable light, comfortable, cushioned EVA midsole
- The excellent traction of the durable outsole, which is oil and slip resistant
- The tunnel loop system for quick lacing, combined with a side zipper for quick slip on and off
- The presentable and breathable leather and nylon upper and comfortable padded collar
- The supportive fiberglass shank
- The fact that the shoes are sturdy but lightweight
Light, slip-resistant, cushioned and comfortable, these boots are great for people who spend a lot of time moving and running around, people who need to react quickly to any kind of situation and still look professional and presentable. This is why, if you are in the EMS, you should consider getting a pair of these.
Rocky Men’s 8 Inch 1st Med 911-113 Puncture Resistant Work Boot
These boots captured our attention with the following features:
- The puncture resistant and slip resistant outsole
- The full grain leather upper with the added reflective elements for safety reasons
- The fact that the boots are waterproof
- The composite safety toe cap, which EH and safety certified
- The non-metallic zipper for easy slip on and off
- They look quite cool
If you are a paramedic and are looking for durable, reliable and safe shoes for work, these boots from Rocky are yet another perfect choice. Slip and puncture resistant, they are electrical hazard safe and have a safety toe cap, so your feet will be protected even in the worst conditions.
WORX by Red Wing Shoes Men’s 10″ Cordura Pull on Emt steel toe boots
These pull on boots from Red Wing are another example for excellent boots for people in the emergency medical services. Here is why we picked them:
- The direct attached, strong Goodyear welt construction
- The oil, chemical, gas and slip resistant endurance, non-marking, cross wire outsole
- The removable cushioned and shock absorbing footbed
- The sturdy Cordura leather upper
- The safety toe and stability shank
- The waterproof construction and materials
These boots are perfect for paramedics who prefer pull on boots rather than laces or zippers. They are comfortable, durable, provide excellent safety and can be worn all day at the job without the feet getting wet or fatigued.
Characteristics to look for in a pair of EMS work boots
When looking for the best boots for paramedics, you should take into consideration the following important characteristics:
- Always pick the boots which you find most comfortable. You should try your work boots on before you order them or buy them. Make sure they fit you well from the beginning because you will be spending a lot of hours wearing them. If the factory insole of your current shoes is bothering you, invest in good insoles for your work boots. Your feet would thank you
- It is always better to choose a reputable shoe maker and higher quality shoes, so that you can wear them for a longer time. Getting your footwear from one of the best brand of ems boots is very important!
- Slip and oil resistance. In some cases in emergency situations you may work on slippery surfaces, so getting slip resistant boots is crucial for the lives of the patients as well as for yours.
- Professional looking. You probably do need to look presentable at your job, so go with the more professional looking boots.
- Easy to put on quickly. In cases of emergency, it will be easier to put on a pull on boot or one with a side zipper instead of laces.
- Safety features. Having a safety toe cap, being electrical hazard rated, and other safety features are always something to consider especially if you are a paramedic and often need to work in emergency and dangerous conditions.
- To keep your feet comfortable even after spending hours in the rain, pick boots which are waterproof.
- To keep your feet dry and cool all day long, try to buy boots which are breathable and have moisture wicking lining.
- Shock absorption. This feature will help reduce the fatigue and soreness in the feet and legs after a long day of work.
- Price. It is wise to invest more money in your work boots, because you will be spending most of your day wearing them.