Working on an oilfield is definitely not an easy job. You need to cope with the various weather conditions, and the various possible hazards on the job, such as slippery surfaces, falling heavy objects, water, etc. This is why it is crucial to find the best protective gear, including the best boots for oilfields. We have chosen several pairs of boots which we consider the best for this particular job.
WORX by Red Wing Shoes Men’s 10″ Cordura Pull-on Steel Toe Waterproof Boot
These pull on boots from Red Wing have made it into our top list for footwear for oilfield workers, because they feature all the characteristics we were looking for, including:
- Oil, chemical, abrasion, gas and slip resistant outsoles
- Removable comfortable and shock absorbing polyurethane insole
- Protective steel toe safety rated and electrical hazard rated
- Waterproof and durable Cordura leather upper
- Strong direct attach welt construction
- Easy to pull on and off
We can easily say that these Red Wing boots encompass all the characteristics needed for oilfield boots. They offer slip, oil and chemical protection. Their steel toe will keep your toes safe. The durable construction and materials will ensure that you can wear them for a long time. Plus, they offer excellent shock absorption and are easy to pull on in the morning and then slip-off after a long day at work.
Red Wing Heritage Iron Ranger 6″ Boot
The lace-up Iron Ranger boots are another pair from Red Wing, which we have picked in our top best list of boots for oilfields. This is why:
- The high quality, durable stitch down Goodyear welt construction
- Oil resistant and slip resistant nitrile cork outsole
- The high quality, waterproof leather upper
- The capped toe and steel shank
These sturdy boots from Red Wing are a great choice for people who work on oilfields, because they are durable, waterproof, slip and oil resistant, they provide comfort and stability, and will keep your feet safe and comfortable all day long.
Danner Men’s Super Rain Forest 200 Gram Work Boot Boot
These are definitely one of our favorite work boots for outdoor work. They have the following amazing features:
- Full grain durable and waterproof leather upper
- Completely waterproof and insulated boots – with Thinsulate insulation and breathable GORE-TEX liners
- There is double thick leather in the places where most injuries can occur
- They are chemical resistant
- They have a comfortable EVA midsole
- A durable and slip resistant Vibram outsole
- A sturdy stitch down construction
- Made in the USA
These boots are definitely tough and durable boots. They will help keep your feet protected from injuries, from water, from chemicals, from sweating and from soreness. The Super Rain Forest footwear is a perfect choice for all of you who work in oilfields.
Danner Men’s Super Rain Forest Uninsulated Work
Georgia Boot Men’s Muddog Work Boot
The Muddog pull on boots are a superb choice for people who work on oilfields or in other harsh outdoor conditions, mainly because of the following characteristics:
- Molded and completely waterproof
- Durable and tough full grain leather upper
- Moisture wicking and breathable lining to keep the feet dry and comfortable
- A comfortable orthotic footbed
- Oil resistant, slip-resistant , replaceable and repairable outsole
These are definitely the boots to have if you spend a lot of time in muddy and wet conditions. They provide excellent comfort, cushioning, and keep the feet cool and dry even after hours of strenuous work. They are durable and of high quality, so they are a great choice if you are looking for the right oilfield boots for yourself.
MuckBoots Adult Chore Steel Toe Boot
Another pair of pull on wellington boots which we highly recommend for oilfield workers, these Muckboots are exceptionally suitable because of the following:
- 100% waterproof
- Steel safety toe plus triple rubber reinforcement for added protection, and quadruple rubber reinforcement for the heel
- A stability steel shank for added support and for puncture resistance
- Breathable air mesh lining to keep the feet dry and cool
- Light weight and yet offering heavy-duty protection
- Removable and comfortable sockliner
These boots are definitely great for people who work outdoors in harsh weather conditions, such as oilfields. They are comfortable, provide safety for the toes and feet, they are waterproof and yet breathable. If you choose this pair, you will not regret the choice because they will serve you for years to come.
Characteristics to look for
When picking the best footwear for oilfield work, you need to pay attention to the following features:
- Always choose comfortable shoes, especially when you will be spending hours and hours wearing them and working.
- It is essential to choose shoes which are waterproof if you work outdoors in bad weather. Keeping your feet dry and comfortable is crucial for your performance and comfort.
- Safety toe. It is a good idea to get shoes which provide sufficient protection to the toes and feet, such as puncture resistance.
- Slip and oil resistance. To avoid slipping and injuring yourself on the job, look for boots which have outsoles with reliable traction.
- Always think about buying appropriate work boots as a serious and long term investment. Our advice is – spend a few more bucks, but get higher quality and more durable boots.