Best waterproof boot for men and women in 2018 at a glance
If you work or spend lots of time in a rainy or wet environment, then you already know that the ordinary work boot without waterproof features is not the best choice for you. Thankfully, there are work boots which will help keep your feet dry even in the pouring rain or after walking in puddles of water all day long, plus they will prevent your feet from sweating and getting wet from the inside as well.
If you get the appropriate waterproof and high quality work boots, you can rest assure that at the end of the day, your feet will be dry and will feel comfortable.
We have picked out our top six best waterproof boots for men and women.
Best waterproof work boot reviews
Timberland White Ledge Waterproof Work Boot
The first pair of boots you should probably take a look are the Timberland White Ledge – these are very good waterproof boots. These boots have their uppers made of highest quality full-grain, waterproof leather, and have a special seam-sealed design to further ensure that they are fully waterproof. While all this will keep the water from outside to reach to your feet, they will be protected from sweating and getting wet from the inside via the perforated breathable EVA footbed. These boots from Timberland have a high waterproof rating. So, if you want your feet to remain dry and feel comfy while hiking in a rainy day, you should consider getting a pair of these work boots.
The Original MuckBoots Adult Chore Hi Cut Work Boot
Named the best rubber work boots, these Original MuckBoots Adult Chore Hi-Cuts are perfect for a wet environment. They are made half of nylon and half from rubber and offer perfect protection from freezing conditions to 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
They have wider heels than other muck boots and are easy to put on and remove. Dependable, durable and offering extra protection for the foot, these boots are great for the outdoors in rainy or snowy weather.
They are suitable both for men and women, and have a stretch fit topline plus a breathable lining inside to keep the feet dry both from the outside and from inside. So, for anyone who spends time outdoors or in wet or muddy environments, we highly recommend these 100% waterproof boots.
Caterpillar Men’s Diagnostic Steel Toe Waterproof Work Boot
Another one of our top picks for our top six waterproof working boots ranking are the Caterpillar Men’s Diagnostic – and they’ve made it to the top of the best waterproof steel toe boots.
With all the work safety features, traditionally offered by Caterpillar, such as the round steel safety toe cap and non-slip outsoles, these boots also have a 200 gram insulation to add extra warmth, plus a mesh lining to keep the free from sweating. They are fitted with a special ERGO comfort system to make the experience of wearing them even better.
They are made from full-grain leather which is waterproof, and with their Wellington boot type design and waterproofing from the toes to the heels, these work boots are comfortable ergonomic, stylish and will kepp your feet wet and happy all day long.
Georgia Boot Men’s Flex Point 6″ Work Boot
The Georgia Boot Men’s Flex Point 6″ Work Boot too is very suitable for work or other activities in wet and rainy conditions and environments. These boots are extremely comfortable and will provide the safety and stability you need in slippery, wet conditions.
They are made from special SPR barnyard leather which is acid resistant, and are oil and slip resistant, plus they look great too.
They are suitable for the winter too, and will keep your feet comfortable and dry at all times. The special lining will keep them from sweating, and the anti-traction soles will keep you safe and sound at all times.
The Original MuckBoots Adult Jobber Boot
Another model of boots to make it to our top six are the Original MuckBoots Adult Jobber Boots. These are simple and extremely easy to don waterproof slip on work boots.
Their design and quality makes them perfect even for the toughest and most demanding jobs. Seamless and easy to wash, these boots are very comfortable and suitable for all kinds of environmental conditions and for walking on all types of surfaces. With a reinforced toe and heel, they will keep your feet safe and steady at all times. These boots are 100% waterproof and so your feet will be dry at all times. The mesh lining will prevent the sweating of the feet too. Lightweight, flexible, waterproof and comfortable, these boots are suitable both for men and for women.
Wolverine Men’s W04821 Buccaneer Boot
Last but not least in our top six favorite good waterproof work boots are the Wolverine Men’s W04821 Buccaneer Boots. Made of full-grain waterproof leather and with a 6 inch lace up finished off with a comfortable cushioned collar, these boots are not only great looking but they are comfortable as well.
The shock absorbing features of the outsole, the special welt construction of these boots make them very easy on the feet, durable and comfortable to wear even in wet environments and in heavy rain. They are 100% waterproof and have a breathable mesh, plus some comfort and ergonomic features, so they can be worn all day long without putting a strain on the feet or legs, and keeping the feet dry in any conditions.
Ariat waterproof work boots
One of the top picks for waterproof work boots with composite safety toes, these Mastergrip boots from Ariat have:
- Durable, waterproof, full grain uppers which will keep your feet nice and completely dry even in the wettest of days or conditions.
- An amazingly comfortable collar which is lightly padded and provides a perfect fit.
- Enhanced cushioning and reliable shock absorption provided by the excellent quality EVA midsoles.
- An ASTM composite, non-metallic safety toe tested for impact, compression and electrical hazard resistance. Suitable for people working around metal detectors.
- A strong, heavy duty Duratread outsole to ensure you stay safe on your feet even on slippery and oily surfaces.
- 90 degree heel and a heel kick feature which keeps the boots well and undamaged even after daily heel kick removal.
- A very strong and amazingly durable Goodyear welt construction.
- An added breathable membrane to keep the feet dry from the outside, complemented with a breathable lining to let the feet breathe and stay fresh and healthy after long hours of work.
- Footbed featuring the ATS PRO trademark technology which ensures that your feet are properly cushioned at the forefoot and at the same time allow for comfortable and safe flexibility. Also it has moisture wicking features to keep the feet dry from any perspiration and vapors.
- The composite shank adds to the stability provided to the foot.
Durable, comfortable and completely waterproof, these boots are a superb choice if you are looking for the top water resistant footwear. They feature safety composite toes, excellent shock absorption and cushioning, breathability, slip-resistance and sturdy outsoles and a very durable construction. Made of highest quality materials and featuring the latest safety and comfort enhancing technologies, they are a pair of boots worth investing in.
Justin waterproof work boots
These western style pull-on waterproof boots are a superb choice if you want work boot which have:
- Sturdy and beautiful designed waterproof leather uppers.
- A special J-Flex technology providing flexibility and guaranteeing perfect comfort for the feet throughout the day.
- Justin Jel mulit-density PU footbeds with low density foam for cushioning and excellent energy return and shock absorption.
- Removable orthotic insoles featuring a J-Max comfort system, which you can easily take out to dry, wash or replace with other insoles.
- ASTM safety steel toes rated for compression, impact as well as electrical conduction hazard of up to 18,000 volts.
- Durable rubber soles and PU outsoles ensuring that you get ultimate traction and stay safe in slippery environments.
- The special Dri-Lex technology keeps the moisture from the insides of the boots out and allows for the insoles to stay dry and keep your feet cool after hours of wearing the boots.
- The outsoles are made of J-Max Polyurethane and feature forepart pads and elastomer heels.
- They are easy to slip on and off before and after a long day of work.
- They look smart and can be worn both for work as well as on your free time.
- handmade in the US by experienced craftsmen and fro highest quality leather, they will last long and will serve you faithfully for years to come.
So, if you like western style boots and prefer to wear pull on boots for work, these sturdy and beautiful boots by Justin are the perfect pair for you. They are waterproof, durable, and very comfortable and have reliable safety features to keep you well and efficient at your workplace. Made in the USA, they provide excellent cushioning, support and energy return, and will keep your feet dry even when working outdoors in the rain.
Rocky Men’s Mobilite 6” Steel Toe Waterproof Work Boot
These Mobilite work boots are one of the most suitable choices for people looking for superb comfort combined with safety when shopping for waterproof footwear. Here is what you can look forward to if you pick this pair of boot:
- the full grain leather uppers are durable, completely waterproof and very comfortable.
- The construction is a guaranteed Rocky waterproof one.
- The especially wide, oblique toe box provides sufficient space for the toes which is a great feature for all who prefer to ensure more toe space, and for those who have wider feet.
- They have reliable and tested steel safety toes.
- Cushioned and supportive PU footbed.
- The boots are breathable which is a must when it comes to waterproof leather boots which you will be wearing day and day out for hours!
- The sturdy outsoles are made of 3-part Mobilite, and are slip and oil resistant to keep you standing safe on your feet at all times, plus it is ASTM electrical hazard rated. Overall the soles are reliable and rugged and at the same time they are very light which will help reduce the soreness and fatigue in your feet and legs.
- They have a TPU Torsion stabilizer for added stability and safety.
- The padded collars add to the comfortable fit of the boots.
- They require little or very short break-in time.
Very rugged, built strongly and made of the highest quality materials, these work boots are a top pick when it comes to choosing the most suitable waterproof safety boot. They have all the safety features you will need, and they provide a superbly comfortable fit due to the padded collar and the especially wide toe boxes. The cushioning and shock absorption is superb, and the traction and slip resistance of the outsoles will keep you safe from slipping and falling. Overall these boots will keep your feet dry, safe and happy throughout the day. So, if you are looking for the work boot which is waterproof and have the widest toe boxes in the industry – this is the pair to have!
Magnum Men’s Precision Ultralite II Composite Toe Waterproof Boot
This is possibly the lightest of our offerings. These excellent boots have the following characteristics:
- The uppers are ankle high and made if high quality leather which is lightweight and yet waterproof.
- The padded collar and gusseted tongue along with the i-shield treatment of the uppers helps keep any water, oil and debris out of the boots and away from the feet.
- They feature a breathable and waterproof membrane to keep the feet dry, healthy comfortable and odor free even after the longest work shifts.
- The long-lasing outsoles are oil and slip resistant so you can walk and stand safely on slippery grounds. They also have secure ladder grips for safe standing and ladder climbing.
- They have strong compression and impact tested composite toes which are safe and yet lightweight. These boots are tested and rated for ASTM EH resistance as well.
- The footbeds are made of memory foam which comfortably contours the shape of your heels and feet, cushions them and at the same time has shock absorption and moisture wicking qualities.
- The boots are sold with an extra pair of strong laces, so you can easily interchange or replace them if one gets broken.
- They are available at a great price for the high quality provided.
These affordable, waterproof boots are the ultimate choice for people looking for comfortable, lightweight, slip-resistant and secure work boot. They will guarantee that your feet stay dry and protected at all times. The breathable membrane and the contoured and cushioned footbeds add to the overall comfort, shock absorption and fatigue reduction. The composite toes are ASTM rated for impact, compression and electrical hazard. In conclusion, the Ultralite boots are definitely a highly recommended option if you want reliable, affordable and 100% waterproof boots for work or for other outdoor activities.
Maelstrom TACFORCE 8″ waterproof work boot
If you prefer to wear tactical footwear for work and want to ensure that your feet will remain dry throughout the day, these Tacforce boots could be the best pair for you. Here are some of their main features to look forward to:
- The upper is made of a perfect combination of good quality leather and nylon which is polishable, so you can be presentable and pass DI inspections. The construction is full bootie which further guarantees that the boots will remain waterproof.
- The uppers are complemented with special Dri-Lex breathable liners consisting of a waterproof membrane which ensure that the feet remain dry and protected from the perspiration inside as well as from water from the outside.
- The outsoles are made of durable rubber and provide reliable traction and slip and oil resistance.
- The midsoles are moulded, light and yet provide superb shock absorption and energy return to keep your feet free from fatigue, pain and possible health problems related to standing and walking on hard surfaces all day.
- The inserts too provide excellent cushioning and shock absorption.
- The padded tongues and collars are an additional feature to make the feet feel comfortable even after hours of work.
- The heavy duty zippers make these boots easy to put on and off, and add to the snug and stable fit.
- No break-in time is needed due to their sneaker like construction and make.
These great boots are highly recommended for people who are looking for light, sneaker-like and yet presentable boots for work. They are 100% waterproof, and provide outstanding cushioning, comfort, shock absorption and energy return to keep you feeling well during the long work hours. They are affordable, durable, slip-resistant, and their easy on and off feature will make life even easier for you.
KEEN Utility Men’s Mt. Vernon 8″ Work Boot
The 8 inch Mt. Vernon boots from KEEN not only look great, but they have multiple features which makes them the perfect waterproof work boots for the money:
- Beautiful brown nubuck waterproof leather uppers.
- Asymmetrical steel safety toes which are ASTM tested and rated for impact, compression as well as for electrical hazards.
- The special KEEN dry breathable and waterproof membranes to ensure that your feet remain dry from any water or moisture both from the outside and from the inside.
- Added ankle support to keep your feet stable on the ground and your ankles from rolling when walking on uneven ground.
- A direct attach midsole which ensures both the excellent comfort and durability of the boots.
- The outsoles are long lasting and have passed the non-slip MARK II testing standards.
- Added support is provided to the midfoot via the strong TPU shank.
- The trademark Cleansport NXT system provides efficient and natural odor control at all times, so you can be sure that you don’t end up with foul smelling feet after a long day at work.
- They can be worn both as work boots and as every day outdoor boots due to their attractive design.
With the guaranteed KEEN quality, these sturdy, comfortable and waterproof boots are one of the best options available at the moment at the market for those of you seeking reliable work boots with all necessary safety features, including a safety steel toe for impact and EH protection, and slip resistant outsoles which can be worn in all kind of wet and slippery conditions.
They provide superb comfort, cushioning and reliable shock absorption and will endure the tests of time due to the high quality materials and technologies used for their making.
Features of the good waterproof work boots
Also, you should consider the temperatures at which you will be wearing your waterproof shoes. If it is cold then you should think about getting insulated work boots, so that not only will they keep your feet dry but will keep them warm as well.
So, what should you look for when seeking out the best waterproof work boots for the money? Well, it is pretty obvious that you should be looking for 100% waterproof work boot if you want maximum protection, or water-resistant shoes if they are going to be worn in only occasional rain or wet environments. Waterproof is definitely a safer choice when picking appropriate work boots for wet environments and rain.
Whatever your preference for waterproof boots might be – be it rubber or leather, you should definitely go for quality. Cheap materials simply don’t cut it.
Some of the boots definitely require some break-in time. After that period, you should definitely feel comfortable wearing them. We’ve made it a priority to list one of the most comfortable waterproof work boots in the selection above.
Naturally, apart from comfortable, the shoes should provide the safety and stability features you need – depending on the risks and hazards you work with or meet while performing other tasks. One of the main features you should consider is steel toes. If you are lifting heavy objects or in an area with high risk of falling objects, you should definitely get steel toed waterproof boots.
How to read the Waterproofness rating
Waterproof rating is measured in millimeters and in the resistance against water they provide and what quantity of water they can withstand.
The lowest waterproof rating is 0-5,000mm which means that the shoe has no or minimum resistance, and can withstand only very light rain and dry snow. 6,000 – 10,000 mm is rainproof and can withstand light rain and snow. 11,000 – 15,000 mm means that the shoe is rainproof and waterproof for moderate rain and average snow. The ratings from 16,000 – 20,000 mm mean that the shoes are rainproof and waterproof for heavy rain and snow, and the highest rating of over 20,000 mm means that the shoe or other clothing item is 100% waterproof and rainproof even in heavy rain and wet snow.
So, when choosing the best waterproof work boot, always keep in mind the intensity of the rain and snow or other water sources you are expecting to be experiencing while wearing them.
Didn’t find what you need?
Head over to MyBootprint for a wider selection and detailed reviews of the best work boot