Best landscaping work boots at a glance
Landscapers spend nearly all their time outdoors, walking and working in wet grass, mud and dirt. This is why, choosing the most appropriate shoes for the job is very important, so that the discomforts are reduced and minimized. Also, the necessary safety needs to be provided by the work boots as well.
We have hand-picked our top choices for boots for gardeners and landscapers for you. Here is the list:
Top Lanscapers Boots Reviews
Irish Setter Men’s 83907 Wellington Work Boot
We love these Two Harbours Wellington work boots from Red Wing Shoes, and we think they are absolutely perfect for people who work outdoors among the flora and fauna. This is what we like the most about them:
- They feature the patented UltraDry construction, which is a combination of moisture wicking lining and waterproof materials and construction, and ensures that the feet stay dry at all times
- The StableFlex technology for more flexibility for the forefoot and a more stable platform for the heel, this allows for a comfortable fit, and improved flexibility
- The excellent traction and anti-abrasion of the Vibram outsoles which have unique rubber compounds
- The outsole is slip, oil, abrasion and heat resistant and is non-marking
- The cement welt construction and full grain waterproof leather upper for added durability
- The extra cushioning from the removable PU insole
- The fact that they are easy to slip on and off
These boots are durable, rugged, fully waterproof, with a sturdy and slip-resistant outsole. They are comfortable, easy to pull on and off, and are great for landscapers and people who enjoy spending time or working in the garden.
Timberland PRO Men’s 40008 Mudsill Low Steel Toe Lace Up
These athletic-styled work shoes from Timberland are perfect for landscapers, and have made it into our top picks list because of the following characteristics they have:
- Durable rugged leather and mesh upper for added comfort
- A synthetic toe to protect from abrasions and for added durability
- A safety steel toe cap meeting the safety standards, plus EH protection
- Durable cement construction which requires lesser break-in time and improves flexibility
- A light EVA midsole which provides superb cushioning and the 24/7 Timberland suspension system for shock absorption, arch support and cushioning
- Antimicrobial and odor control mesh lining and breathable antimicrobial footbed
- Secure fit lacing system
- Structural support provided by a nylon shank
- Robust, slip resistant and oil, heat and abrasion resistant rubber outsole
These shoes are great for all people who work outdoors. They are durable, very comfortable with extra cushioning, arch support and shock absorption. They are slip resistant, breathable and have a steel safety toe which meets the safety standards.
Rocky Men’s Iron Clad Eight Inch Work Boot
These work boots look great and are also very suitable for landscapers due to an array of features they have, such as:
- They are fully IronClad waterproof which means you can work in the rain and on wet grass without getting your feet soaked
- Made of durable hard wearing full-grain leather and with a tongue which is full length and prevents any stones and dirt getting in your boots
- The comfortable supportive collar
- Extra cushioning and shock absorption from the Rocky Air-Port polyurethane footbed
- Strong shank made of tempered steel
- Lightweight cushioned EVA midsole
- Composite toe protection
- 7-layered outsole which is durable, slip resistant and oil resistant
If the conditions you work in are mostly wet, muddy and slippery, these boots are perfect for you. They will work great for landscapers because they are fully water proof, slip resistant, they offer superb cushioning, slip resistance, toe protection, and are made of high quality, durable materials.
Wolverine Men’s Dublin W04780 Waterproof Boot
The Dublin W04780 boot from Wolverine makes it into our top list for the best shoes for landscapers because it has all the necessary features which we are looking for, including:
– A very flexible, training-shoe like feel
– The Thinsulate system which combines an upper which is water resistant and the moisture wicking process of the mesh linings
– The durable nubuck leather upper and Opanka stitching for extra sturdiness
– The fully cushioned removable insole
– The light weight of the boots
– The anti-slip rubber lugged, durable outsole
These boots are absolutely waterproof. They are light, ultra-flexible, with an outsole which provides great slip resistance and are made of high quality durable materials and a sturdy construction. This combination of factors is the reason why we picked these work boots for this list.
Timberland PRO Direct Attach 6″ Steel Safety Toe Waterproof Insulated Boot
Last but not least are boots from Timberland. The reasons they impressed us are:
- The steel safety toe protection meeting all safety standards
- The fully waterproof leather upper which is seam sealed for water resistance
- The extra durability due to the direct inject construction
- The Thermolite insulation which is light, moisture wicking and quick drying to keep the feet dry and at a comfortable temperature in any weather
- The comfortable padded collar
- The light midsole which provides cushioning and flexibility
- The special shock diffusion plate for added stability and torsional firmness
- The slip and oil resistant durable outsoles with lugs for added traction
We strongly recommend this boot to any gardener or person who works outdoors, because of its excellent waterproof qualities, the cushioning and support as well as the safety toe and slip resistant qualities.
Characteristics of the good landscaping boots
Choosing the best work boots for landscaping depends on the weather and the type of services you offer. Overall, in general we can all agree that some of the basic characteristics to look for are:
- Waterproofness – if you tend to work in the rain or wet grass and plants, this is an absolutely compulsory feature to look for.
- Comfort – you need to find shoes which are comfortable enough so that you can perform your job properly and without pain, soreness and discomfort.
- Durability – choose higher quality, durable shoes from well-known brands. This is a wise investment to make.
- Safety – depending on the conditions and instruments you use, you may want to pick safety toes or slip resistance
- Price -This depends on you, but remember this is a long-term investment, so choose wisely.