Overview of the Best Welding Work Boots
If you are shopping for the most appropriate work boots for welders, you may want to take a look at the shortlist of our top choices for best welder boots we made. We tried to include mostly boots with metatarsal guard, but also included alternatives such as three different slip on models for those of you who don’t want to deal with laces and just want to slide on their boots as well as models without met guards. At the end of the article we recommend leather laces as well, just because you deserve the best even in the smallest details.
Our Best Welding Boots Reviews
Dr. Martens Men’s Ironbridge MG ST Steel Toe Met Guard Boot
These seriously tough looking boots from Dr. Martens are perfect for welders. They have several very important characteristics which will help protect your feet while welding, such as:
- The metatarsal guard which not only will keep the foot safe from possible impact of falling heavy objects or instruments, but will also keep the laces safe from catching fire from the sparks
- A rough, full grain upper
- An outsole which is slip, oil, alkali and petrol resistant
- Certified steel toe safety cap, electrical hazard resistant
- A construction with a double stitch for added strength
- The well-known air cushioned outsole by Dr.Martens
- Padded collar for added ankle support
- A Smartmask cushioned, removable footbed
Overall, the Dr. martens men’s Ironbridge mg st steel-toe met guard boot is perfect for welders, because it offers reliable protection for the toes and feet due to the welding boots metatarsal guard. They will keep you from slipping and protect you from electrical hazards and setting your laces on fire. They have sufficient cushioning, provide excellent support and have proven durability.
Red Wing Heritage Men’s Blacksmith M Work Boot
The Red Wing welding boots are another sturdy pair of work boots which are very suitable as welders footwearbecause of the following characteristics:
- The sturdy black spitfire leather upper
- The mini-lug, slip resistant Vibram outsole
- The durable Goodyear welt construction
- Wide, rounded toe box for extra comfort and safety
- A stable steel shank
The Blacksmith boots are very comfortable, sturdy, and will keep your feet protected and steady on the ground at all times. They are made of high quality materials, and will likely endure a lot of wearing. We dubbed them best red wing boots for welding for a reason!
Timberland PRO 53580 Metguard Steel- Toe Boot
We can strongly recommend Timberland welding boots. They are perfect for people practicing this profession because they have the following amazing characteristics:
- A metatarsal guard and toe safety cap which provides complete protection of the toes and feet, and complies to and surpasses the ASTM safety standards
- A strong and durable Goodyear welt construction of the boot
- Oil, slip, heat and abrasion resistant, durable outsole
- Breathable and anti-microbial lining
- Full grain leather uppers which are water and abrasion resistant
- Strong Kevlar stitches
- A cushioned polyurethane footbed
These boots look great, they are comfortable and they surpass the safety ASTM standard for toe and foot protection. Overall these are one of the best steel toe boots for welding that workers can find on the market. Your feet will be safe, dry and cool at all times when wearing this pair of boots while welding.
Caterpillar Men’s Ergo Flexguard Work Boot
These heavy duty boots from Caterpillar are another of our favorite boots for welders. This is why:
- They feature a patented CAT metatarsal shield which helps keep the foot protected from impact, heat and chemical burns
- They also have steel safety toe caps
- The upper is durable and made of full grain leather
- The padded collar adds to the comfortable fit and ankle support
- Their footbeds feature the special climasphere technology which helps wick away any moisture and sweat
- The outsoles are lugged and made of high quality rubber which provides great traction
In conclusion, we must say that if you want your feet and toes to be protected at all times while welding, and if you want to avoid slipping and injuries from slipping, you should choose these boots. They provide ultimate comfort and will help your feet stay dry and cool. They also have great cushioning.
Made for people looking for no-compromises, improved comfort and extra protection, these are one of the best boots for welding.
Danner Men’s Acadia 8″ Non Metallic Safety Toe Boot
We picked these boots from Danner as one of our top picks for the best welder work boots, because we liked the following characteristics they have:
- The non-metallic safety toe cap which is EH resistant and will keep your toes protected while doing your job
- The traditional Danner stitch down construction which is strong and durable
- The slip resistant and shock absorbing Vibram outsole
- The upper which is made of a combination between leather and a textile which dries very easily, is breathable and resistant to cuts and abrasions
- The GORE-TEX lining to keep the feet cool and dry as well as the Thinsulate isolation
- One downside is that they don’t have metatarsal guard to shield you from slippage and burning through laces
The Arcadia boots will help your toes to stay safe from impact. They are very comfortable, durable and have superb traction, to prevent you from slipping in wet or dry conditions. They are breathable and cushioned, so your feet will feel comfortable even after hours of standing up or walking.
Timberland PRO Men’s 40000 Met Guard 6′ Steel Toe
These sturdy work boots are also a very sensible choice for welders who want to invest in a good pair of reliable, safe and comfortable shoes for their everyday jobs. Here are some of the basic features to keep in mind:
- They feature the trademark, abrasion resistant Ever-Guard leather accents which will endure years of wearing if conditioned and cleaned on a regular basis.
- The insoles have a special anatomical contour to cradle the heels and keep them steadily and comfortably in position throughout the day.
- The TiTAN steel toes and metatarsal guide are designed and built so that they meet and exceed the ASTM standard for compression and impact, and they are designed to provide impeccable comfort.
- The ABS metatarsal guard is shaped in a way which allows for comfortable and easy squatting while keeping the feet protected. The internal and external metatarsal guards are cushioned and breathable and feature a design which leads to added comfort and fatigue reduction.
- There are women’s sizes of this model available too.
- The boots are made with a sturdy Goodyear welt construction with a strong mechanical bond.
- The top collars are padded for extra comfort and support.
- They have Cambrelle lining which has antimicrobial treatment and will help keep your feet dry and healthy.
- The footbeds are breathable, comfortable and provide superb odor control.
- The boots feature a steel shank for added support.
- They are also made with heat resistant and very durable Kevlar Aramid fiber used for the welt and the upper.
- These work boots meet ASTM electrical hazard resistance standards.
- They are fitted with the unique Timberland PRO 24/7 comfort suspension technology which provides sufficient support for the arches and enough cushioning for the heels and feet to reduce fatigue and soreness after long hours of work.
- The durable rubber outsoles are heat, slip, oil and abrasion resistant. They can resist scorching temperatures from 572 to 1000 degrees Fahrenheit
With all of these features, this pair of boots is strongly recommended as a top choice for people looking for the best welding boots and those who want to put their hard-earned money into a durable, safe and comfortable pair of boots.
Best Pull-On Work Boots for Welding Reviews:
Justin Boots Men’s Ropers Equestrian Boot
These traditional Justin Ropers pull on boots are also quite suitable for welders. Here is why we picked them:
- They have no laces, which can catch fire from the sparks from welding
- They are easy to slip on and off
- They have a roper toe and insoles with a special J-Flex comfort system (see the video)
- Their construction is durable and strong, and the materials are of the highest quality
- They are waterproof and comfortable
So, if you are a welder and a fan of the famous Justin Ropers Boots, this particular model is the most suitable work boot for you. Easy to pull on, comfortable to wear, and providing the necessary traction and safety, these boots are definitely among our top favorites for this Best Welding Boots list.
Georgia Boot Men’s G4432
If you are a welder and you prefer a pair of pull-on work boots which you can easily slip on and off before and after work, and yet feel protected and comfortable with them during the day, these boots are one of the best welding boots available at the market. They have:
- Durable and stylish full grain SPR trademark leather uppers, which are treated to resist various chemicals, such as: caustic alkali, calcium hydroxide, sulfuric acid, caustic potash, and other acids.
- A strong steel shank for a stable construction and foot position. The leather is about 3 times stronger than that used for most other work boots, so it will endure for longer and provide superb abrasion resistance.
- A breathable and moisture wicking lining to keep your feet as dry and as odor free and fresh as possible.
- A special ComfortCore trademark insole for added cushioning, support and comfort.
- Durable rubber outsoles for first-rate traction on slippery surfaces. The outsoles are made of double density, oil resistant polyurethane and have a suspension feature for added comfort and good shock absorption.
- An easy to pull on and off construction with a boot opening measuring 17 inches.
- A height of 11 inches sufficient to keep the feet and legs safe and comfortable during work or when spending time outdoors.
- A stylish design which will allow you to wear them for nearly any occasion and not only as work boots.
- Designed as farm and ranch work boots but still have the necessary features to be worn when welding.
- The insulation is warm and is very suitable for colder climates and work conditions.
- With waterproofing treatment and regular conditioning, your feet will stay warm and dry even in wet and rainy conditions.
So, if you are planning on buying a faultless pair of pull on boots which you can wear at your job as a welder, you should strongly consider purchasing a pair of these excellent, comfortable and durable pull-on work boots! They will last for long, fit you like gloves, and will keep your feet dry, supported and protected at all times!
Wolverine Men’s W10318 Cabor
Another pair of wellington boots which are perfect for welders, the Cabor work boots incorporate all the features which welders should look for when shopping for comfortable, durable and protective footwear for their jobs. Here are the characteristics which make these boots a superb choice and why they are on our best welding boots list:
- The leather uppers are of the highest quality, waterproof leather.
- The boots are lined with a mesh waterproof membrane Wolverine PC Dry lining with reliable moisture wicking features to keep your feet dry and happy at all times.
- They have strong rubber soles with special molded compression pads in the outsoles for reliable shock absorption to keep your feet comfortable and safe from soreness and pain after spending hours standing on hard surfaces.
- The outsoles feature ribbed spines on the front for traction and flexibility, and a honeycomb heel for better shock absorption. So, they will keep you safely on your feet, but will easily flex as you walk around, kneel or bend over while doing your job.
- The trademark EPX Anti Fatigue footbeds are made of dual density polyurethane, including a low density EVA foam for heel to toe cushioning and a high density base layer for even weight distribution and for added stability. The footbeds are removable, so they can be washed, dried or replaced with other inserts or orthotics easily.
- The boots have a Wolverine permanent direct attachment welt design for strength and durability as well as for reliable water resistance.
- The strong nylon shank keeps the boots and the feet stable and supported.
- The safety composite toes are tested and meet or exceed the compression and impact standards of ASTM as well as those for electrical hazards resistance.
- They are sold with a 30-day comfort guarantee by Wolverine, so you can buy them, try them on and return them in the next 30 days with no explanations required.
This superb pair of high quality pull on, safety work boots is an excellent option for welders who prefer wearing wellington boots, rather than dealing with the hassle of having to lace up their boots for work every day. Beautiful, slip-resistant, durable, flexible, comfortable and safe – we strongly recommend the Cabor wellington boots from Wolverine as great work boots for welders.
The main characteristics of good welding boots
Are you a welder who is looking for the best work boots for welding? Here are the most important characteristics to look for when shopping:
- Choose the pair of boots which are most comfortable to you. It is important that your work boots offer sufficient cushioning, arch support, stability, shock absorption and other features which will make your feet less tired and free of pain at the end of the work day.
- Your work boots should have toe safety caps, plus metatarsal protection, if possible. The met guard will keep your entire feet safe from injury from impact, as well as keep the laces from getting set on fire by sparks from the welding process. Depending on the hazards at your work place, you may also want to look at other types of protection, like electric hazards, chemicals and others.
- Slip resistance. To prevent slipping and injuries from slipping, make sure you choose boots which provide excellent and reliable traction.
- If you work in wet conditions or outdoors, you must get waterproof boots, to keep your feet dry and comfortable at all times.
- We strongly recommend looking for breathable boots, so that your feet don’t get all hot and sweaty while you are working.
- Pick boots which are made of durable and high quality materials and with a strong construction, so that you can wear them for longer.
- Buying good work boots is an important investment, so invest wisely and pick boots from a reputable brand or producer.
A useful tip for welders: choose and use leather laces
If you are one of the many welders who prefers wearing traditional lace-up work boots rather than pull-on boots, remember one thing. Apart from all the basic features you should also be looking for: quality, toe, metatarsal and electrical hazard safety, durability, comfort, water resistance, good traction, slip resistance, easy and safe bending, breathability, shock absorption. If you choose to wear lace up boots, you should make sure that you pair them with a good quality pair of leather laces as well. The reason being that leather laces are much less likely to snap or get burnt at the job, unlike regular laces.
Tofl Leather Boot Lacesleather laces
These top quality leather laces are a very suitable choice for welders work boots because they have the following excellent features:
- They come in one size (72 inches of length), but can easily be cut in order to fit your specific boot height and your needs.
- They are heat and spark resistant, which means that they will stay whole without melting and safely laced up even in excessive heat or when in contact with a welding spark or fire.
- They are tanned for added strength and so that they can stay safely tied for long. You will not need to worry about your laces getting untied at the wrong moment while you are doing your job or walking around.
- They come in various colors to suit your needs and personal taste.
- They are totally versatile, so you can wear them for work, for construction, hunting or for other specialized outdoor or heavy duty footwear.
- They come with detailed and useful lacing instructions, so that you can make the most of them.
- They are suitable for all kinds of shoes and boots for men and women, as well as for use for your home craft projects.
So, for added safety as well as for perfect comfort and guaranteed durability, add this pair of high quality, customizable laces to your cart when shopping for best welding work boots. They will stay safely tied, safe from melting or getting burned, and will last for long.
Many professional welders choose these laces for their work boots. They are adaptable to any kind of footwear, they are heat and fire resistant, and they are more durable than a standard pair of laces.