Best work boots for plumbers at a glance
Plumbers are constantly forced to work in wet, slippery and in many cases in dirty construction and reconstruction sites and with heavy instruments and materials, so having the right boots is crucial for their safety, performance and comfort. We hand-picked several of our top favorites for work boots for plumbers for you. Here they are:
Top plumber boots reviews
Wolverine Men’s W02053 Durashock Boot
These sturdy, slip resistant Durashock boots by Wolverine are very suitable for pipe fitters, because they encompass all the characteristics which such work boots must have. The features we liked the most are:
- The reliable slip-resistant dual density PU outsole with special rubber lugs and chiseled edges, which also provides excellent shock resistance
- The perfect cushioning and arch support provided by the removable double density footbed
- The durable and still very light PU midsole
- The tough and durable nubuck leather and rugged pigskin combined upper
- The ASTM F1413-11 rated steel toe cap
- The direct attached construction which makes the shoe very durable and also waterproof
- They are also ASTM F2412-11 electrical hazard resistant
Our conclusion is, that these boots are one of the best work boots for plumbers, because they are slip resistant, offer excellent traction, provide the ultimate comfort, energy return and shock absorption. They are rugged and durable, the construction is waterproof, and they are EH and safety steel toe rated.
SR Max Duluth Men’s Slip Resistant Waterproof Black 6 Inch Work Boot
These boots look as though they have been specifically designed for pipe fitters, because they really have all the characteristics which we were looking for when picking the best shoes for plumbers, including:
- They are fully water repellent and with a waterproof construction, so your feet will be dry at all times
- The durable full grain oil tanned uppers
- The support and cushioning from the removable polyurethane cup insole
- The water resistant direct attached lightweight PU midsole
- The Sub-Zero outsole provides maximum slip resistance
- The lining is moisture wicking to help the feet stay dry even after hours of hard work
These shoes are very suitable for pipe fitters, because they offer amazing slip-resistance, they are water repellent and waterproof, they are made of high quality materials and are with a very durable construction. Even though their outsoles offer superb traction, they still do not tend to collect too much debris or mud. These boots are lightweight, comfortable and will keep the feet rested even after hours of work. Possibly the only minus is that they do not have steel or composite toe caps.
Georgia Men’s Giant Oblique Work Boot Steel Toe G6375
Apart from the fact that these Giant Oblique boots look so masculine and nice, they also have all the features of suitable shoes for plumbers, and they are:
- The safety steel toe cap and electric hazard resistance meet the highest standards
- The durable Goodyear welt construction which adds strength and allows the rebuilding of the outsole
- The high quality and sturdy full grain leather upper
- The steel shank for better arch support and steady footing
- Excellent cushioning and support from the EVA midsole
- The added cushioning of the covered insole
- The gusset which is padded for added comfort and support
- The abrasion and oil resistant bumper guard
In conclusion, we must say that these boots became one of our favorites, because of their high quality, sturdiness, safety toe and EH protection, the cloud soft cushioning, shock resistance and the added support to the arches, feet and legs.
Timberland PRO Men’s Pitboss 6″ SteelToe Boot
If you work as a plumber, the PRO Pit Boss boots are an outstanding choice to keep your toes safe, your feet comfortable and you yourself safe from slipping and hurting yourself on the job. These are the things we loved about these Timberlands:
- These steel toe work boots provide excellent toe protection against falling objects and have a roomy toe box
- The special PU midsole which has the shock absorbing Timberland Pro suspension system, and helps reduce the fatigue, absorb the shock and help energy return
- The slip resistant, and oil and abrasion resistant outsole
- The added comfort and support from the padded collar
- The efficient and antibacterial, moisture wicking and odor control features of the removable sock lining
- The high quality, durable nubuck leather for the upper and the Goodyear welt construction, which together are guarantees for superior durability
Although these boots are not waterproof, they are still a great choice for people in the pipe fitting business. They are sturdy, provide excellent comfort and arch and foot support, they are slip resistant and have a strong steel toe cap for protection. They are also rated for electrical hazard protection.
Redback Men’s Bobcat UBBK BLACK Elastic Sided Soft Toe Leather Leather Work Boot
The Australian made Bobcat UBBK boots are also highly recommended for people in the plumbing business. Here is why we singled out this particular pair of boots as one of our top picks:
- the elastic sides which allow for a comfortable fit, and easy slip on and off
- The 3 piece high quality construction of the upper which adds extra durability
- The ultra-light air cushioned midsole made of Urethane, which provides superb comfort and arch support, reduces foot fatigue because it helps absorb the shock and improves the energy return.
- The outsole is slip resistant, as well as abrasion, lubricant and fuel resistant as well. It is from a durable modern molded material.
- The heel is reinforced by 3 layers for added support to the feet and legs
These boots are great because they provide the ultimate comfort, ankle, arch and foot support as well as stability. They are also slip-resistant, lightweight and are made from very durable materials, with a strong construction, which means that if you choose them as your work boots, they will last longer.
KEEN Utility Men’s Detroit Mid Steel Toe
These sturdy boots by Keen are versatile and lightweight, but yet they provide excellent protection for the toes and foot stability. We picked them as another one of our top favorite work shoes for plumbers, because:
- They are waterproof
- They are also electrical hazard, slip and oil resistant, medium duty boots
- They have asymmetrical safety steel toe caps
- The upper is made of durable, high quality, waterproof leather
- The outsoles are rubber, slip resistant and non-marking
- The double layered compression molded EVA midsole provides excellent cushioning, support and comfort
- The special KEEN breathable, waterproof membrane which keeps the feet dry at all times
- The moisture wicking lining with a special 2-zone comfort technology
Durable, sturdy, comfortable, stable, slip-resistant and with toe and EH protection, these boots by KEEN are a perfect choice if you are shopping for the best shoes for pipe fitters.
What are the characteristics of the good plumber boots
What do plumbers wear to protect their feet and avoid getting injured in the slippery conditions of their job? When choosing the most appropriate work boots for a person in the plumbing business, there are several crucial characteristics to look for:
- As with any other shoe, comfort comes first. If the shoe is not comfortable, then nothing else matters. When you are comfortable, you can do your job properly rather than have a miserable and painful day.
- Slip-resistance. Safety is very important. Plumbers are prone to slipping because they work in slippery conditions most of the time. This is why, picking slip-resistant plumbers safety shoes is crucial to avoid getting badly injured at the site.
- Safety toe cap. Once again, safety is crucial, so if you handle a lot of heavier instruments and work with big materials and products, it is highly recommended that you get shoes with ASTM rated steel safety toe protection.
- Longer lasting. Of course, everybody wants to be able to wear their shoes for a longer time, especially if they are expensive, so make sure you look for higher-quality products when thinking about investing in good, comfortable and safe plumbing work boots.
- The price. Of course, price too is important. When planning your budget for your safety boots, keep in mind that you will be wearing them nearly every day for hours, so consider spending a little more than intended, but getting something way more comfortable, durable and safe.